Monday, July 14, 2008

I Can Eat 21 Points:)

So I did! Yes, it's true, I did begin Weight Watcher's today. I am allowed 21 points a day and 21 points I ate. I still need to incorporate exercise more consistently...why do I love to sleep so much????? Really, let's examine that question. Why is it that I have such a hard time getting up in the morning? Are my dreams that pleasant? Am I really tired? Do I not go to bed early enough the night before? Or am I just lazy? Honestly, I think the last question may be the truth. I just love to lay in bed. Ahhhhhhhhhh, I just love it.

I can eat 21 points up until I lose the first 15 pounds, then I'll have to cut back to 18 points for the remainder of my weight loss.

So, here I go.......again. And before I forget, those of you who commented or emailed me (and you know who you are), I love you. Your encouragement means the world to me. I wonder if sometimes I put too much of myself out there. But when you share back with me and let me know you understand because you've been there or you are there, it's so helpful.

I wrote a devotion that is featured on the Proverbs 31 Ministries website today. If you haven't read it, please take the time to visit, http://proverbs31devotions.blogspot.com/2008/07/love-me-heart-of-lost-teenage-girl.html.

Beautiful Blessings,

Melissa

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Way to go Melissa! Great first day of Weight Watchers.
I also like to sleep. Just this morning I was talking to my hubby about that my favorite place in the whole world is my bed! LOL I'm glad I am not the only one like that. ;0)

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Way to go Melissa! Seems like just the getting started on a diet is the hardest part! With me, something has to sort of "click" in my brain or I can never stick with it. I have done well on Weight Watchers in the past and need to get back on it if the truth is known! I need to drop 10 to 15 pounds. I'm probably 20 years older than you....not sure of your age but I'm 55....and it is so much harder for me to lose now than when I was younger. Seems like it takes up so much of my time planning my meals and counting the points. I guess that's where MY laziness kicks in! ha Maybe I'll be encouraged by your post to get back to my own weight-loss program.

Keep us posted!

Marilyn in Mississippi

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that I read today devotion and I cannot begin to explain what it meant to me. I struggle with these issues as an adult and I am watching my teenage daughter struggle with much of the same issues. I will be sharing this with her tonight. Thanks so much for your honesty and openness.

Anonymous said...

I'm always amazed when God leads me somewhere that it seems was meant just for me! I've recently turned 40...decided that was it, I'm losing weight, getting fit, and going to be a confident woman.
I've realized that God is truly where my confidence will come from so I'm working on that along with trying to do WW again, and I'm working out and actually enjoying that! I've been receiving the Prov. 31 devotions and ended up on your blog from there. I will now add your blogspot to my daily routine. Thanks!!

Joyful said...

Well, you get 3 points more than me so I'm so jealous! Did you know someone can be jealous of Weight Watcher Points!!!

I'm thinking you enjoy sleep because of your LATE NIGHTS...but then, that's calling the kettle black...and...I wouldn't miss those 'visits' for anything!

Love ya and keep up the good work!
Three cheers of praise!!!!!
Hugs,
Joy

quilterpolly said...

ok...God has brought me to your blog for a reason so I am struggling with him on posting so I am going to post this to the group. I think we are drawn to Michelle because we all are struggling with the same inside issues that satan has found our weakness. My biggest struggle with God right now is why am I so lonely and why can't I put enough faith in him to be ok with his love. I can feel his arms around me but always feel i need that physical relationship. What do I do once that relationship starts i sabatazie it. Why am I so weak??? I am mentally training and will start running in the next week for the 1/2 maratharon.

Polly in Long Beach

Jodie Wolfe said...

Hi Melissa!
I started asking the Lord to wake me each morning and each morning He wakes me before my alarm was scheduled to go off. I feel less tired when the Lord wakes me than when the alarm does. :)

Blessings,
Pearls

Anonymous said...

Wow, I never cease to be amazed by our God. I have been working out sporadically and trying to talk myself into going to weight watchers but didn't want to go alone. I haven't been able to talk any of my friends into going...I am going to join weight watchers because I now realize that I won't be alone. There are many women out there sharing my struggles.

I too always seem to sabatoge my weight loss success...I guess that I too haven't felt "worthy". I'm going to make this a top priority prayer concern and I will be praying for you and each of you who have posted as well. Thank you!