Wednesday, March 19, 2008

No Condemnation

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus..." Romans 8:1

A somewhat familiar verse for many, but so hard to feel, believe, and grasp. Self condemnation just seems natural, don't you think? If you've read any of this blog at all, you see it in me. If I didn't keep my eyes fixed on God and remind myself all during the day of who I am in Christ, I'd beat my self to pieces with condemning thoughts and words.

As He seems to do a lot lately, God spoke directly to me this morning through my quiet time. I was reading from a devotion book, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. This book was given to me just a few weeks ago from a Proverbs 31 Gather and Grow Group in Pennsylvania. They sent it to me after my foot surgery. This little book has a very short devotion for each day of the year. Today's was as if the author had been following me around, talked to God about it, and then wrote to me. Here is what March 19th's entry reads:

I SPEAK TO YOU FROM THE DEPTHS OF YOUR BEING. Hear me saying
soothing words of Peace, assuring you of My Love. Do not listen to voices of
accusation, for they are not from Me. I speak to you in lovetones, lifting you
up. My Spirit convicts cleanly, without crushing words of shame. Let the Spirit
take charge of your mind, combing out tangles of deception. Be transformed by
the truth that I live within you.


....Let my light shine in you;
don't dim it with worries or fears. Holiness is letting me live through you.
Since I dwell in you, you are fully equipped to be holy. Pause before responding
to people or situations, giving My Spirit space to act through you. Hasty words
and actions leave no room for Me; this is atheistic living. I want to inhabit
all your moments---gracing your thoughts, words, and behavior.


Hello! Lord, are you talking to me???? You knew I said unkind words to my husband last night? ("Pause before responding to people...giving My Spirit space to act through you. Hasty words and actions leave no room for Me.") You knew I was having trouble viewing myself as Your masterpiece? That I often feel down on myself, disappointed in myself, and call myself names? You knew my feelings had been hurt by someones comments? ("Do not listen to the voices of accusation, for they are not from Me...My Spirit convicts cleanly without crushing words of shame...Let the Spirit take charge of your mind, combing out tangles of deception.") Isn't it just amazing, the works of the Lord?!?!

This is not new. God's Word has done this before, but I still get so excited and amazed by it as if it were the first time. I know He loves me and I know He is real. He shows me that time and time again. Oh, thank You Jesus!

Do you have any God moments like this to share?

Have felt condemned recently? Do you believe it?

Do you know Jesus? Would you like to?

Give it to me beautiful girls. Let me hear from you if you feel like sharing today. God is good...oh so good. We know this. It's time we live like it!

You are so beautiful:) So am I:)

Love,

Melissa

6 comments:

Chef Diane said...

Hey there,

This is such a great theme today. I feel as though I have gotten this message alot lately. I know Melissa, that you know about my life, but others may not. To sum things up I have been a victim of rape, abuse and molestation. Please don't say "poor thing". Because it just feeds into the part of me that says "poor me." All of the tramua that has happened in my life has become a part of my ministry even though it hurt deeply. That is why I am so glad,my heavenly father has great big arms for me to crawl into when I feel less than human. I have oftened wondered what did Christ say to himself after he was mocked and spat on. Did he say " oh come Jesus, don't take this personal. They don't really mean to mock you or defile your very core being". I would choose to believe that he said "I am sure going to pray for them, cause when they get to heaven daddy's going deal with them".
It is the words that we say to ourselves that are the most harmful at times. I have really been trying to talk to myself in kinder words. To treat those imperfections of my life with more compassion. So when the negetive things come to my mind, I say "I am worth loving and I am beautiful". Thanks for reminding me that I really am beautiful.
Diane

Joyful said...

I love sharing God stories.

I was housecleaning one day and feeling rotten! Felt unloved, unworthy, rejected, alone. I was desperately crying out to the Lord to show me that He loved me. As I was vacuuming, I hit the desk our computer sits on. When I did this, a very strange thing occurred. A page came up on the screen that said, "Would you like to connect?" Because I hadn't seen a screen like this before, I clicked on 'yes'. When I did it immediately took me to my e-mail inbox. There was one new message. All it said was "Love ya"

Didn't doubt His love the rest of the day!!!!!

He loves you too,
Joy

MelissaTaylor.org said...

Oh I love reading God stories too:)

Diane-I forget what you have gone through and still go through because you are not a "poor me" person. Your faith is so beautiful.

and Joy-you are just a little spitfire today:) With your comedy on my other blog and all of your energy. Your name is so perfect for you. I can tell you are joyful just through your words. I met Diane at She Speaks last year and I can't wait to meet you there this year.

Blessings:)
Melissa

Jodie Wolfe said...

Don't you just love when God uses something ordinary to speak to your heart. It always blesses me. Praying for sweet blessings on you today, my new friend! :)

Deb said...

I have had this happen many times. I will be feeling rotten or judgemental and then God will speak to me through his word or get my attention another way. I am always in awe when this happens. Thanks for reminding us that we are beautiful. Have a blessed Easter everyone!

Kelly said...

I recently went on a trip to Hawaii with my mom and cousin. I felt during the week that my cousin was bragging about many things and a few times I just left room as she was annoying me. Then, the Lord prompted me to read 1Cor 13, "Love is patient, love is kind, love is not jealous, etc."..I read it over many times that week and it helped me get a better attitude and pray for my cousin. I felt condemned because I was annoyed with her and didn't want to be, or didn't want to judge her and I needed God's word in the "love is" to really soak into me.