Saturday, February 9, 2008

Saturday, Weigh in Day...

Well, it's Saturday morning. This is my weigh in day. First, a little history for ya:

I went to LA Weight Loss in November, 2006. I had been fighting this weight struggle for a while on my own, and a friend of mine had great success there. I was ready to get serious, so I signed up.

Although I didn't learn anything that I didn't already know, what I liked about LA was the accountability and friendliness of the place. I also liked that the counseling was one on one and not in a group. When I lost, we discussed, when I gained we discussed. And I was always encouraged and pumped with confidence that I was worth it and I could do it.

Let me just say, I've been on MANY weight loss programs. In fact, I'm the queen of them. Nutri-System (twice), Diet Center, Weight Watchers (I'm a lifetime member!), DeniseAustin.com, Atkins, Slimfast, Dexitrim....and well, you get the picture. I'm not promoting or endorsing any of these programs, just sharing my experiences. One thing these all have in common....I was successful on them all. I lost weight and felt better about myself. But it didn't last. I always gained the weight back....either I got pregnant or just ate too much! So, as you can see, losing weight is not my problem....maintaining a healthy lifestyle is. Obviously, I never got to the root of the problem. (The programs I have listed in the sidebar of this blog are programs I whole-heartedly believe in. They are realistic and promote a healthy overall lifestyle. Again, I like these. You know what works for you.)

I'm still working on it. And that's what I've learned. You don't just lose the weight and "arrive". Just like my Christian walk, maintaining a healthy lifestyle requires daily awareness and commitment. There will be good days and bad days. It's not easy. But the payoff is sweet! Good health (at least what we can control) pays off by being able to live longer and more fully. Good spiritual health pays off eternally....as a legacy on this earth for generations to come and when I get to my real home in Heaven. (where I'll never have to go on a diet again....can I hear an "Amen"!)

So, back to LA Weight Loss. I reached my goal weight within 4 months. I felt so good. With LA, my program required that after I reached my goal, I come in once a week and weigh in for a year. That was key. Then months later, I fell apart. My life circumstances took over....marriage (read more on this on my other blog http://melissataylorp31.blogspot.com/2008/02/what-to-give-him.html), finances, health of my parents, going back to work....so many trials and struggles...and I fell apart. You can guess what happened. I quit going to LA Weight Loss and I gained every bit of my weight back. LA never quit calling me. Finally, I went back in and realized I had nothing to be ashamed of. If I kept hiding, the enemy could only use that to bring shame and blame in my life. That accomplishes nothing. So, I'm back. And all areas of my life are looking up. (Thank you Lord for never giving up on me and always taking care of me and my wonderful family.)

I have a few months left on my LA contract. I'm not going to extend it, because it's just not in the budget and it's time to live it. That's one of the reasons for this blog. It is helping me. It is my prayer that it can help someone else too.

So, today is weigh in day. And here I go. I'll let you know how it goes later!

Beautifully Blessed,

Melissa

******Well, I weighed in. So sad that I gained 1 pound!!! Yikes! But, my counselor at LA Weight Loss was, as usual, very encouraging, but also real and gave great insight. Her name was Charity. First she reminded me that I did have my period this week and therefore I had water retention. She also had me resign a new committment. We went over the upcoming week and I recommitted to my plan. But, I did good this past week!!!! So, I was disappointed, but not defeated. I am more motivated than ever. I am pumped to be healthy! The goal is not thin, but healthy living! I have 21 weeks left on my LA plan....it is very doable to lose these 15 extra pounds in those 21 weeks:) I weigh in again next week. If you are interested in joining LA Weight Loss, they are running a special right now. If you join in the next week, contact me and I can get you 30% off the program price. It is a magnificent program. Pricey, but good.

No comments: