Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Friendship Makes Me Feel Beautiful

I recently celebrated my 40th birthday:) I can honestly say, it's been one of my favorites to date! (well, okay, it's my 2nd 40th birthday...the first time around didn't go so great, so I'm redoing it) But it's still one of my favorites. Why? Because I spent so much time with friends.

This year I didn't have a party or anything like that. I had quite a few mini-celebrations instead with friends. My actual birthdate was the 27th of January, but I celebrated over and over again during the past 3 weeks. What a blessing it is to have good friends. They make me feel more beautiful than any number on the scales ever could.

First there was the celebration with my Fab 5 group. Next was a celebration with the Southbrook women and fried chicken with Amy Woods. Then there was the office celebration with my amazing co-workers. Then a night out with my wonderful high school friends, Amy Haag and Donna. And finally, an evening out with my long time friend Denise. Between all of these women I received a Bath and Body Works Gift Set, a Cheerleader set complete with pom poms, bubble gum, a Starbucks Card, an iTunes Card, concert tickets, a cool set of Tervis Tumblers, a ring, a Christmas stocking (Don't ask), and a pair of earrings. What I loved most about these gifts was that each gift was carefully thought out. My friends considered what I liked and gave me gifts that had a special meaning. The thought behind the gift was truly as special as the gift. And the person behind the gift, even more special. How could I not feel beautiful? Or blessed?

I tend to focus too many times on what's wrong with me instead of what's right with me. Friendship is a precious blessing that I treasure and value so much. There have been too many times to count that it has been a friend who has picked me up when I was down, pumped me full of encouragement when I felt defeated, loved me when I was unlovable, prayed for me when I felt hopeless, and told me I was beautiful when I felt ugly and rotten. Friendship is beautiful.

If you have one good friend, I encourage you to let that friend know how special she is to you. Tell her she is beautiful. Send her a card today. Thank God for her.

You also have another friend. Jesus. He thinks you are most beautiful. And you are. So am I! (even though I didn't exercise today or yesterday!!!!!)

I love you friends!

Beautifully Blessed With Gr8 Friends,


Melissa

1 comment:

Charlene Kidd said...

As I was driving to Atlanta tonight I was praying about the times I feel inadequate or not pretty etc. Your post was a confirmation to some of the things I prayed about. Thanks for being a great friend, and I agree you are truly a beautiful woman.
Blessings,
Charlene