Friday, February 15, 2008

Beautiful Bunion

Ok, so maybe bunions aren't so beautiful. I would know. I have a huge painful one on my left foot. I'm scheduled to have it removed on Monday. And I'm scared!

My friend, Micca, reminded me that the Great Physician would take care of me. I know that. and that brings me much comfort. Really, it does. And I trust my earthly physician Dr. Anderson. He's the bone doctor of the Carolina Panthers, so he must be good, right?

My left foot hurts on a daily basis. It doesn't matter what shoes I'm wearing either. By 5:00, my foot hurts. Sometimes it throbs. That will be better once I recover. But I've heard horror stories about the recovery. So, I'm scared. I'm a baby when it comes to pain. I need lots of love and attention, ya know what I mean?

I didn't exercise at all this week. I surely won't next week. But just like this week, I'll keep focusing on my water intake and healthy eating. 2 out of 3 ain't bad. At least that what Meatloaf says. (remember them?)

So, if you read this, remember me in your prayers please. I'd like to have a beautiful foot in the end, but that's never been the case anyway...those of you who have seen my feet know what I'm talking about (a story for another day), but at least be able to wear cute shoes by summer:) And have no pain so I can run again.

Hope you are feeling beautiful today. And I hope your feet don't hurt. Go get a pedicure in my honor. (I can't even wear toenail polish during surgery!)

Beautifully Blessed By a Bunionectomy,

Melissa

No comments: