Because, I got tagged!!!!! What???? What the heck is tagged?
I found out it is just a harmless and fun blogging game. And here are the rules:
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you --- Amy, http://amylbrooke.blogspot.com/
2. Post the rules on your blog (check - you're looking at them)
3. Write 6 random things about yourself (see below)
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them (see below)
5. Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.
Now for my bit of randomness:
1. I've only read one novel in the past 15 years. Oddly enough, I love to read, but I usually read Bible related study books or magazines. I read a novel at the beach this summer and loved it. I hope I'll make the time to read another one soon.
2. I get great pleasure out of my dog. Her name is Princess. She is a 5 pound poodle. She is so sweet and gets along with everyone. She has brought so much happiness to our family and she is mine! I got her for my 38th birthday. Her full name is Princess Poppy Angel Taylor:)
3. I resisted this whole blogging thing. I thought it was insane. My husband still does, bless his heart. Really, I thought what in the world could I have to write about every day and why would anyone care. Now I'm addicted. I love reading other blogs and I especially love the friends I've made.
4. My family means the world to me. This may not seem random, but I had to mention it. I would do just about anything for my husband and kids. I am so very grateful that God gave them to me. I feel like it is an extreme privilege to be the wife of Jeff Taylor and the mom to Blake, Hayden, Dylan, and Hayley Grace Taylor.
5. I love cheeseburgers, fried chicken, and sweet potato fries. My favorite place to eat is a restaurant called The Lizard's Thicket in Columbia, SC. When I go there, I get my fried food fix of: fried chicken, fried okra, squash casserole, candied yams, corn bread, banana puddin' and sweet tea. It is the best! This is about a once a year experience for me. (it's about all my digestive can handle anyway!)
6. I LOVE college football!!! I mean like really love it. So much, that when I get a speaker request, I check the South Carolina Gamecock and Florida Gators football schedule to make sure it's not a big game week before I accept. Football Saturdays are big at the Taylor house. We have a lot of people over, the BBQ is always on, and we are serious about our football. My husband and I both attended Appalachian State (#1, 3 years in a row in their division) and I was raised to know Gamecock football well. Don't get me started, I could go on and on.
So there I did it. And now I guess I have to tag 6 more people. So have fun with it. Let us know something about you we don't know. And thanks Amy for tagging me, it was fun:)
Here are the 6 people I've decided to tag. If you are reading this PLEASE go visit them and introduce yourself. Here they are:
1. Amy Carroll- I just love this girl. She is on the speaker team with me at Proverbs 31 and has the best attitude and enthusiasm of anyone I've known. She was my roommate in Ecuador last year and I absolutely adore her! Amy, you've been tagged! http://amycarrollp31.blogspot.com/
2. Denise Hammond- A dear dear friend of mine. We've been close sisters in Christ for at least 15 years and we were sorority sisters before that:) She doesn't blog near as much as she should. PLEASE go visit her and tell her that Melissa sent you. Denise, you've been tagged! http://denise-hammond.blogspot.com/
3. Glynnis Whitwer- I tagged Glynnis because I just wanted to. She is on the speaker team with me at Proverbs and she is the Senior Editor of the P31 Woman. I have so much respect for Glynnis. She is so beautiful inside and out. Go visit her. Glynnis, you've been tagged! http://www.glynniswhitwer.blogspot.com/
4. Heather Kudla- I tagged Heather because I just met her. She made a sweet impression on my heart. You can visit her blog here. Heather, you've been tagged! http://hkudla.wordpress.com/
5. Sarah Drohan- I tagged Sarah because she's starting a blog. She's only made one post and I want to encourage her to keep going. I would love it if you sent her some encouragement to show her it's not that difficult. Sarah, you've been tagged! http://sarahdrohan.blogspot.com/
6. Cheri Bunch- I tagged Cheri because she's just so sweet! She was in my She Speaks Evaluation Group a few years ago. She has such a heart for the Lord and her smile is conagious. Cheri, you've been tagged! http://cheribunch.blogspot.com/
Ok, now I'm going to let these poor souls know they've been tagged. Thanks Amy Brooke for tagging me!
Have a beautiful day people!