Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I support the President

I am not going to tell you who I voted for. I don't think it matters at this point. But I believe, with all my heart, if you want to be beautiful in America, you need to support our leader. It doesn't mean you voted for him. It doesn't mean you agree with everything he does. But it does mean that you pray for him and continue to pray for him. Lift him up to God and trust God with His provision for our country.

So, Barack Obama, you have my prayers. I will be praying for you and your family and your leadership over our country. God chose you long ago. And I trust God.

Be Blessed,

Melissa

4 comments:

Joyful said...

Melissa how this thrills my heart. I think God is as concerned, if not sometimes even more concerned with our reactions than our actions. Once a decision has been made, whether it was our choice or not, we now need to be praying for the one's that He has placed in positions of authority over us.

Yesterday I read post after post from my American friends how they truly believed God is in control. Reaction today will give proof whether those words came from their heads or their hearts.

So glad to see you're a heart follower!
Love ya,
Joy

restored K said...

Amen

Chef Diane said...

Melissa,

I agree, it is time for all of us to come together and be one. It will serve no purpose to bad mouth either side. As Christian women, we have many people watching. The way you support or not support the people that we trust to run things, may make the difference in one that you witness to.
Congratualtions to our new President elect.
Diane

Amy L Brooke said...

Wonderfully said.