Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I may not show it. In fact, way too often, I don't. But let me just say,I'm very thankful for my family, friends, and also the people who let me know they even noticed I hadn't blogged in a while. That was just too nice! Amy Brooke even said she was taking out a "missing persons report in bloggy land"!

I just haven't been myself lately. I've been trying to be really intentional about my time and my priorities. And that's been hard. I love to blog. And I've missed it. I keep saying I am getting back to it. But my family, specifically my mom, has taken first place. I will intend to blog, but all of a sudden it's late at night and I need to go to bed. Anyway, not to make excuses, but I do miss blogging. I'm in a new phase of life right now. Experiencing what I've never gone through before.

My husband...his name is Jeff. Oh, how I thank and praise God for him. He has so been there for me. He's given me extra hugs and text messages when I needed them. I've been insecure and he has been in my corner cheering me on. I love him so much.

I am not running the half marathon. It makes me so sad. I've been training. But my mom started chemo and she's not feeling well. Plus, we really are in a finance crunch and the trip to Charleston to run the race is more than we need to spend. So, I withdrew. I still plan to train for a half marathon. I will keep doing what I'm doing. But I'm not "officially" running. So, I'm dealing with the fact that in a way I'm failing. Not really, but kind of.

I began this blog encouraging others to believe they are beautiful. And I want to keep doing that. I believe we are ALL SO BEAUTIFUL...just because God made us. And I hope to get back to that soon.

If you are reading this, I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving! On this American holiday, I am counting my blessings. And there are so many.......

With Love,

Melissa

1 comment:

Joyful said...

Loved reading what a 'Prince' your husband is being - that's special.

For the record - you're not failing! You're still training -Wahoo! You still plan on running a half marathon, just the timing isn't good right now. You're being a wise steward of what God has entrusted to you. You've no doubt felt led by the Lord to withdraw this time, so that's a step of obedience and that's NEVER wrong or "failing". You've also no doubt made this decision with Jeff and if he also encouraged this course right now then you're being a submissive wife and that's Biblical - so how, on earth can you be failing! Disappointed? Yes. But failing? Not from what I see. You've doing the right thing - the hard thing, but the right thing. God has just called you to run a different race :o)

It's tough when we have to give up and surrender something we had set our heart on. I know. I've had to surrender my plans of coming back to "She Speaks" next year. I honestly cried as I prayed and surrendered that plan to the Lord. Financially things are different here right now as well. However, I keep thinking of Micca's message on Sunday morning at the conference this year. Sometimes God asks us to let go of things and we don't understand, but if we trust Him, His plans will be better in the end than anything we could have imagined.

He has great plans for you too my friend!!!! I know you know that! Love ya tons and praying you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Love & prayers,
Joy