Wednesday, September 3, 2008

LPB, Pt. 3

I just cannot believe it's Wednesday. Would someone please tell me where this week has gone? We have one day of a holiday and I lose all track of time. I haven't done ANY blogging since last Friday. My oh my, I gotta get with it!

Before I begin writing about friendship, let me just stop to ask "how are you doing?" Are you feeling beautiful today? Do you have something to smile about? Do you know how absolutely loved and adored you are by God? And appreciated. And valued. You matter. You matter to me. You matter to your friends and family. But most of all you matter to God. Even if you don't feel like it, you do. So there! If you didn't have something to smile about before, that is good reason to smile:)

Admittedly, I've been on a downward mood these past few days. No concrete reason, just down. Blue. Unmotivated. I'm not staying there though. Today, I'm choosing to be joyful and appreciative. I'm joyful in my life today and appreciative of all God has given me. I find that sharing encouragement is just as helpful to me as it is for others. I share encouragement for the purpose of lifting up those in my sphere of influence, but what I also find is that when I am busy doing something that may help someone else, I end up being the one who is changed. Already from writing these first few paragraphs, I feel better. Praise God! He's so good.

So, on that note, today, I'm going to write what the LPB has to say about encouraging friends.

3 messages that lift people up

1. "God created you to succeed in life."

But like any created thing, you must find out exactly what you were created to do. A hammer isn't very good at being a screwdriver, but it's powerful when used for its creative purpose.

2. "No matter what you've done, Jesus Christ loves you
without conditions."


The Bible says that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8) When we were at our worst, Jesus gave us His very best.

3. "Heaven is a little like earth, without the bad days."

The Bible talks about streets, trees, and rivers in heaven. So
there are similarities to earth. Yet it promises no pain and no
tears! It is absent of tragedy, depression, and temptation. And God has a mansion prepared for every one of His children. (John 14:2; Revelation 21:4,21; Revelation 22:1,2)

When you have a message that encourages, you are sure to stand
out from the crowd.

Blessings,

Melissa

**Don't forget to share a comment on friendship. You could win 1 of 3 copies of Every Teen Girl's Little Pink Book on Girlfriends by Cathy Bartel. I'll be announcing the winners on Friday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa,
The most encouraging thing with a great friend is when you know you can call them and say I am having a really tough day will you please pray with me! Thats what I did this morning, it also strengthens your friendship.
Sweet Blessings,
Margaret

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa,

I have just recently started reading your blogs, and they are so inspirational! It is the highlight of my day! Keep up the great work!

I have a terrific friend who I can turn to all the time. Unfortunately, she lives 250 miles away but I know I can count on her no matter what! I think I need to get her a Little Pink Book to show her how much she means to me!

Thank you for all your encouraging words!
Brenda

Joyful said...

Hey sweet friend, glad you're feeling better.

Thanks for this post today and reminders that I am appreciated, valued, loved and adored. I spent a LONG day helping at my parents and as I drove home I must admit I felt far from those characteristics!!

Thanks for helping me get my focus back on God's love for me so quickly!!!

Love & hugs,
Joy

Amy L Brooke said...

Hope I'm not catching! ;-)

Glad you are choosing joy today.

Jen said...

Melissa,

I agree... the week has flown by... I have had a hard time remembering what day it is...

Thanks for the encouragement. You are beautiful!!! I love reading your posts. I have been doing ok... somedays better than others but mostly I am doing pretty good. We did the CardBoard Testimonies at my church this past Sunday... I did one and it was really powerful to see and be apart of... It was very powerful! If you have never seen or heard of the cardboard testimonies go to Godtube or YouTube and put cardboard testimonies in the search button. I think it really has brought me encouragement and is bringing a sense of healing in some ways. Thank you also for saying how much I am loved, valued, appreciated etc.. It is really encouraging to hear when you're blue and don't remember or you don't know or believe it. It is true! Thank you again!! Have a wonderful magnificant day!! Glad you are doing better!! God bless! Love ya!

Deb said...

Hi Melissa,
Thanks for reminding us to choose to be joyful and give God thanks. I think when we choose to smile all day that also lifts our mood and the people that we come in contact with. Try it. It's a great way to lift someone's day.

Thanks,

Deb

Unknown said...

God moves friends in and out of our lives. I have been blessed with two very godly women, both who've moved and I rejoice that God had given me a LYLAS friend who lives next door. I'm not real good at the friendship, having been betrayed many times, pattern beginning with my own mom. But God is healing my past, my present, and providing GOOD friends, Godly friends. But my best friend, hands down, has become Jesus. He saved me, man. He saved me.