Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's been a long time.....

but I'm still beautiful!!!!!!

How's that for confidence??? Oh I only wish I felt that way every day! The truth is, this has been a very tough month! I just had to take a break from blogging and the pressure to "do" anything.

My dad was here for a while. We moved him into his new place last week. It was hard. We miss him and I know he misses us. He's living alone in an apartment in downtown Greenville, SC. We will visit him as much as we can, and he will visit us too.

So, honestly, no weight has been lost or exercise been done regularly in the past few weeks. I just haven't kept track. I've been emotionally drained. In fact, I've had to fight from listening to the enemy. This time last year, I was 25 pounds lighter. That's tough to face.

But God.....yes that's right, "But God"....God gives me hope. God gives me courage. God gives me strength. God gives me fresh new beginnings.

So, Beautiful Friends, I begin today exactly where I left off.

I'll begin logging my progress in the margins again...if you want to hold me accountable, please do!!!! I have some new goals that I'll reveal in my next post.

In the mean time though, read this article from the Weight Watchers website. It is not only inspiring, but pratical. It will also encourage you to include God on your plans for health and weight loss. http://www.weightwatchers.com/success/art/index.aspx?SuccessStoryId=10191&sc=17 Try that link to read an amazing success story.

I've missed journaling here. I am beautiful....so are you! Do you believe it?

Much Love Beauty Queens,

Melissa

3 comments:

Chef Diane said...

Ok, so let's get back on track and make our bodies living temples. I recenlty went to SC to spend time with a dear missionary friend. We did a bible study by Angela Thomas, (I Am Beautiful) Dispite everything that is going wrong in my life. There is finally an inner beauty that I believe in. It is the beauty of Christ in me, that makes me beautiful outside.
I have come to the realization that I am never going to be the same after having four lives come through me. Isn't that wonderful! How blessed we are that God allowed us to channel new life. Our bodies are still as beautiful if not more so for having brought new life. Also you know they do make bikinis our size. Tee hee, but I don't think the beach is ready for me yet.
Welcome back,
Diane

Joyful said...

Ok my friend...you are now motivating me again! I haven't been keeping up with the exercise thing either (obvious by my lack of accountability on my side-bar as well). You're right...it's a new day...fresh beginning...forgetting those things that are behind and pressing forward. It's so wonderful that even when we are faithless and we fail, God remains faithful and He never fails us.

Was already in prayer for you this morning before coming on the computer. So wonderful to find you here!

Have a great day my friend,
Love & prayers,
Joy

Jodie Wolfe said...

Welcome back. I missed reading your blogs.

I have been doing good at weight loss - I've lost five pounds. You know how? I've had two bouts of the stomach flu back to back. :) Okay, this isn't my recommended way of losing weight!

Blessings,
Pearls